Friday, June 21, 2013

3rd Week Letters "My Dear Family"

Mom
     
Well Mom let me try to be more detailed, sorry that I wasn't already.  Yea,  I'm in the routine for sure!  Most days I wake up at 6:05 but for sure by6:25!  I just set my alarm on my watch it works great!  I've been waking up fine though that's because school wasn't near as important as this!  Yes I can fit two more shorts and two shirts.  Garments I need more because I didn't think you ran through them that fast but you do.  Socks I found them but I do need more.  I haven't seen anyone besides Elder Braswell & I haven't seen anyone from Fremont this week!  I think they are at the Y view campus.  I talked to Kade on email, it was brief but awesome!  I also emailed Luek and Jorge.  I don't usually sleep with a blanket.  I have had only four in my room since I got here, only some people are privileged for six in a room.  It's not only girls at Y view.  We have four sisters in our district and by next week there will only be two sisters in the zone.  The work is going great here and the language is coming and I'll be the official zone leader on Sunday!   I heard I was on the news when the thousand of us walked to the Marriott Center.  The spirit there was so strong, we talked about a lot of thongs.  The General Authority was Elder Arnold of the first Quorum of the Seventy!  He talked about how important the work truly is!  He talked about how you will be called to the capacity that you think you can fill.  The Lord sent you there fully knowing the capacity you have, as long as you serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength.  Everything simply comes down to your obedience.  I truly know that  are callings we have are fulfilled through the spirit and his faith in God!  It is kinda crazy that I will be listening to an Apostle or two on June 23rd!  Love you and pray for you always. KCYA!
Sincerely,
Elder Hunter Darren DeVries

P.S.
My Mission President will be here next week!  Also I can't wear the pink tie on June 23rd:( for the broadcast.  Dear Elder is the bomb!

HAPPY FATHER"S DAY!!!  June 16th, 2013
Good day today at the MTC!  Dad I Love You So Much!  Without you I wouldn't have had a great example to look up to at all times!  Dad, I'll be honest I wasn't always the greatest helper!  That will always be one of my greatest regrets not spending time with you.  Dad I know that you probably thought a package???  But I wanted to write you on Father's Day!  Today, was a great day but it was my first day where I honestly missed you, besides when you left.  I just wanted to talk to you for a second.  I know that I'll have that opportunity soon!:)  Dad, I just wanted to tell you that everything you taught me at home I've used on my mission.  I stand all amazed at the love you have given me and just like I've said before I wish I would have spent more time helping you.  But I guess it is very similar to how are Heavenly Father feels every time we don't do what he asks of us.  Most important is to follow Christ's example in all things!  I have only been on my mission 3 weeks when you get this letter,  but I have never felt the spirit so constantly.  My experiences in Nauvoo were truly a gift and thank you so much for giving that to me.  This truly is the best decision I've ever made!  Thank you for providing for me and putting up with me.  Dad I just wanted you to know the best decision you ever made was marrying mom.  I honestly have been thinking about how I'll need to "Be Prepared" for my eternal family, just like you.  What else can I say...Oh yea I LOVE YOU!!!
Sincerely,
Elder Hunter Darren DeVries
P.S.
Dad, Your mission never ended, you sent your son to act in your name much like someone else sent his son to act in His!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Mom,
So I didn't have enough time to email you this week cuz there were a lot of emails and slow internet!  So I'll just write you for a while.  So here are my thoughts; first, if there is one thing about a mission is it is not for yourself, but rather for everyone you will ever meet on and after the mission!  I will use everything that I learn on a mission!  I will use everything that I learn on a mission for the rest of my life!  In situations that I have never even thought about!  That as long as I am obedient I will be ready for my mission.  Second, that the mission maybe hard but it is not the hardest mission.  He was our brother, he had many letters that told his life story.  He always knew His mission and His purpose.  He started and finished strong but had many struggles.  He served His whole life for everyone on earth, He overcame death and atoned for the world.  We also will have struggles in our life but we can ask Him to help us.  Third, if you read about Christ's life you will find He never thought of Himself.
Sincerely,
Elder Hunter DeVries 

No comments:

Post a Comment