Monday, January 27, 2014

Our Zone
 Well life is really changing in a way I am grateful for, I can't believe that I will have 8 months in the mission this Wednesday. So lets look at what I am grateful for; I was blessed to be able to send in my papers little more than a year ago and on the 31st of January it will mark the date when I received my call! How time flies right? I have been blessed to be able to have had the best last months of my senior year and then started the greatest work I have ever been involved in. The MTC was one of the most sacred places on the earth and the spirit of love and divine diligence is there. Then I came to Mexico six months ago in July with my first companion Elder Shuler and loved every minute in the great village of Frontera! Afterwards almost four months ago I came here to Minatitlan and started to pick up on my Spainsh and I am still working on it but thankfully  I can say a lot more than when I arrived. I have learned that the gift of the Priesthood is real, I found out less then a month ago that one of the first people that I was able to see enter the waters of baptism was cured of his cancer, and to think that I was apart of that is mind blowing. I have seen the change in lives and also have seen many people walk away from us as well. It is hard to see, after pouring your heart out to them and feeling the spirit but letting the World have the final influence on their lives. Seeing that Gods' Truth is going forth upon nations, kindreds, tongues, and people. To think that I am apart of this great work is Amazing! I have learned that I am nothing as Alma says in 29:9 but in the Lords' hands I am an instrument. Funny how an instrument is a useful tool to call upon the attention of other people, and that I am through his hands a Light unto the World in Matthew. That through His grace I am able to describe the desires of my heart to men. We are sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father who wants our lives to be filled with happiness. But first we must trust Him.  I was scared when flying here to Mexico and had the thought I could go back, and how grateful I am to be here. It isn't easy but it is amazing and is preparing me for my future. I promise you that if you pray and have faith to do His work whatever the circumstances as it says in Nephi 3:7 He will provide the way! Jesus Christ lives, He is our Savior and Redeemer and has helped me many times in my life and in my mission. He has felt every feeling you have felt and he is always a prayer away. He is our Heavenly Fathers' greatest gift, the example that will lead us back to Him! I bare humble testimony to every person who can read this message that He wants you to be with him and that there are missionaries and members of the church ready to help you! This work is His work and we are just lucky to be apart of it! I love you guys and hope that you will pray, read, and attend His church and follow the guidance of His called leaders and His Prophet! In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 
New area, we have been assigned too!

There is a river in the new area and new members!

Baptism of Fernando

The sweet Relief Society Sisters with our meal calendar.

We confirmed Fernando on Sunday his family was there crying, it was amazing. We had the baptism all about how the primary makes great leaders. We had talks from all primary children and they were crying so bad it was awesome!!!!   So we will see what comes with this transfer next year. He looked at our area and wants us to change our house to start in March so we live more central. I don't know if I am staying but I really think so. It has been hot and cold but really nice for the most part here. My companion is sick but is getting a little better. He is kind of sad because he thinks he will not stay but we really don't know. Tell Grandma Judy Happy Birthday!!!   Love you lots!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment