Monday, February 24, 2014

So this week we were able to give service and I would like to talk about something I noticed. Here where I am serving, they don't use gloves to work, it is weird because it is super dirty here but I am use to it and they are too. So we were destroying a cement wall with a sledge hammer and I got a blister the size of my lower palm, it was pretty cool. But it hurt so I didn't want to work as hard to make it worse. I kept working because we wanted to help out our investigator until it was done. This is the same when we are not prepared with the proper equipment it hurts or limits our full potential. We need to prepare ourselves with daily scripture study, praying constantly, attending church, full-filling our callings, and doing our best to be better prepared to serve Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We know that we must love the Lord thy God with all thine heart but also equal to it our fellow man. So we must prepare to serve them and continue to be better everyday. I am not saying that your life will be easier but it will be better. The best things in life are worth fighting for and I am fighting for Him, my family, my future family, and everyone that I know. Now is better than later, I invite you to put goals down and start today. Make your life in line with the Savior. 
Dad I can proudly say that I am getting up at 6 30 every morning. I do feel like I am getting ready for something but I am not quite sure what ha ha! But Dad I am here to work and I know that you would expect nothing less of me. I carry His name and just as important I carry your name with me, Elder Hunter DARREN DeVries. I am glad that you are being humbled everyday at home and dont worry I will continue to help you out when I get home. Remember the Hot Chocolate that you sent me, well I made a trade with a investigator for his coffee, he will now be baptized on the 15 of March!!! He is excited to start the Hot Chocolate life! So thank you soo much for that!!! Dad I love you so much and I am thankful for the example that you always gave me! I look forward to talking more about the gospel with you when I get home, so I can study in English again ha ha!!!! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment